Monday, March 30, 2009

Living Together

The “Living together” project started out as an idea of working in teams and to try to present our opinions. Even though at first we were reluctant and I didn’t want to participate in the project, as the educational classes went on, I started to feel ok with it and I tried to take part in the debates.
I can’t really say that the idea was new, but as the discussions went on, and new information was brought to the table, all the students seemed interested.
Racism, lack of acceptance, xenophobic behaviour, reasons to leave our country, those were the subjects that were really interesting for me. The problems that people who migrate face and the obstacles in front of them were the different topics of our debates. Questions and answers, feedback those were the things that our group wanted. As we presented our topic, I started to feel very relaxed even though I made my share of mistakes and I managed to get past it and to carry on with confidence.
So, this project managed to wake us up from the routine that managed to bare us for more than a semester, and managed to boost our self-confidence and our team work. Therefore this project succeeded to show us that we can be versatile in any circumstances.

Paul Craciun XI E

Living together
During our last educational classes we approached a very interesting subject regarding different themes and situations such as integration and migration.
One of the most exciting things was that we discussed about immigrants, about their difficulties in integrating into a new community or finding a job. We also discussed and debated upon some possible solutions. I found out that as a group we can improve our ideas and complete them. Every class brought something new and creative, we managed to find possible solutions for some pretty important issues and for us, believing that we can make a difference means a lot.
Overall I think that these kind of projects should be presented to teenagers and let them take part and do their bit because we do it for us, for a better integration.

Adrian Andreica

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home